1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Parts Therapy Self

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

I've studied a bit in parts therapy and id like to write some on the inner self that we can gain access to after we ask our exiles and troubled parts to step aside so we can finally get some resolution. Ok see I know that deep in our hearts we really want to do good and see others excel too- that's Self, if you don't like seeing others get ahead in life then that's an exile.

Now when were in self were usually going to be having a great day and focusing on positive intentions for ourselves and others. If we can gain access to self and we stay there long enough then we can expect the forces of the universe to bring us the desires of our hearts as long as those intentions are good ethically then were still in self.

Self will let you know the right thing to do in all occasions even if you don't want to do those right things Self is still right so if we agree with self in all circumstances and gain a confident walk with this powerful inner part that we call self then we should start to loose tension that some protector parts use on us cause maybe they think we want to stay up all night and work or the exiles that can send negative hurtful thoughts to our minds well they can be stopped and extinguished if we make a habit of listening to self.

I really know no limit that the inner self is limited to when it comes to our hopes and dreams, our health and well being. Its only when we never access self that were cutting ourselves short and we will usually go about our days not so happy because the whole time that the inner self was trying to tell us the right direction we were looking in the wrong direction because we think we usually know better than the inner self.

If we trust the inner self and learn to be conditioned to the promptings of the inner self then I see no limits in how far any person can go in learning about there purpose in life. Finally learning about that light that shines in all of us is a very beneficial thought. Its about wholeness and being complete. We can gain access to our dreams with a close friendship and connection to the inner self for anything in life we might feel a need to do or overcome.

Reaching Self and staying in self is a great rule of thumb that can only help you gain more confidence in yourself and others. We have a lot of reasons to walk in self and only we can put a hold on those reasons with our doubts and disbeliefs. We have to really want Self to take lead to really enjoy a life full of excitement and joy.

Bless you

2. njoy

njoy aka Bugsy

That's a great post, Herbie. I agree that staying in real Self is the goal -- also for mindfulness meditation and many other things we do to try to make life a good experience.

Love the notion, too, that if we are in jerk mode that's not the real us (not the vast majority of people, anyway). It's a protector trying to prevent more harm to a hidden, child part (exile).

Much easier to change when we don't believe we must be bad because we thought, said, or did something that is against our values.

3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

That's an Awesome reply Njoy,
    It makes so much sense how we can let our hair down and know that we can associate with these parts and exiles or thought patterns and emotions and come to an agreement when we might need them and when we don't ya know. The self will always lead us in the right direction if we stop and get to the inner self after asking the protector parts and exiles to step aside.

We really have a good tool here Njoy that allows us to finally gain control over a part of our personality that's not being beneficial. Im going to move forward and practice more but in just a month I've already had talks with parts that in the past I would have just had to learn to reprogram the long way around. Now its getting much simpler to re-condition and get the upper hand on these out of control emotions and thought.
    Thank you so much for all your doing
    Bless You

4. njoy

njoy aka Bugsy

Well, I am learning so much from you as well. That's what we are here for, to learn and to teach and to learn some more. Love your blog!

5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Thanks Njoy,
    That means a lot to me. Ive been reading about trail heads and im going to write a thread about them soon.
    I'm still learning but It seems so much easier each time. Its all for the benefit of the people that need to know
    why they do the things they do and how to gain self control over those things.
    Bless you

6. njoy

njoy aka Bugsy

Looking forward to your trail heads post, Herbie. For some reason I don't really get that idea. Polarization seems clear but "trailheads"?!