1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 37 Self care

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by JTaylor, Jan 24, 2022.

1. JTaylor

JTaylor New Member

I realised that I have been neglecting self care for a long time. There are a few things that I would like to do on a regular basis. These are things that I realise enjoy and feel will have a positive impact on me. I also feel that I will be able to incorporate them into my schedule:

-watch films
    -go for photo walks (I love photography)
    -read books
    -practice yoga
    -meditate
    -visit restaurants more

I often feel guilty about doing these kinds of activities as I often have a lot to do and feel like I’m wasting time. I’m giving myself permission to do these things without any guilt. I deserve to be able to do the things I enjoy. I’m also going to not put any pressure on myself to do these things, because they’re things I’m doing for pleasure. I don’t want my perfectionist personality trait to see these as just another chore. At first I put dates and how often I should do these things on here but I took them off because self care shouldn’t be a chore. I’m going to try to give myself 30-60 mins a day where I can just completely relax and do something that I truly enjoy.

ChronicVince and ssxl4000 like this.