1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 37 Self Care

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MSZ812, May 7, 2017.

1. MSZ812

MSZ812 Well known member

Today's question is: once you graduate the SEP, what are you going to do to show yourself the care that you deserve?

I will be designating Sundays as my self-care day. I won't be reading up on TMS, I won't be pre-occupied with other worries. Sunday will be a day set aside to enjoy life and be in the present. There is a long list of things I can do to show myself the care I deserve. One of those things is to act spontaneously. Some of my favorite memories are from times where I just randomly decided to go somewhere with family or friends (or alone). Baseball games, amusement parks, beach days, fishing. Planning is a good thing, but sometimes being adventurous and spontaneous is good for your soul.

What are your favorite self care activities?

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi,Matt. Sundays for self-care is a great idea. Doing something spontaneously that gives you pleasure.
    I like that. My favorite self-face activities are taking my dog for a visit to a different park, and listening to a classical music concert or watching a good movie (usually an old one).

And it will do you a world of good to just stop worrying, about anything. You know you have come a long way in TMS healing. You do a very good job replying to posts, but I suggest you don't do much of that. It can be depressing, to become emotionally involved in other's pains. Some of the most depressed people are
    psychiatrists.