1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

seems interesting: good visual explanation of the pain mechanism

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by miquelb3, Jun 21, 2018.

1. miquelb3

miquelb3 Well known member

...but don't touch the deeper cause of chronic pain: repressed unconscious unbearable emotions (rage, sadness, hate, fear,...).

HattieNC likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Actually, miquel, I found this to be really useful! And I am not very patient when it comes to videos, but I watched the whole 12 minutes of the first one by Dr. Arat. I also added to your title to perhaps attract more attention to this. I haven't watched the second one yet.

It is my personal belief that recovery is a multi-layered process:

1. Yes, the deep emotional work is absolutely essential for long-term recovery that lasts beyond the well-known "book cure". This doctor is clearly telling us that pain is connected to emotional sources, although he only mentions the daily fight-or-flight stress component. Which is a real and legitimate component.

2. In addition, most, if not all of us also need to deal with the long-term conditioning of our brains that has learned to expect symptoms.

What this video does is provide a comprehensive visual explanation for the REAL pain that we experience due to what we here call TMS, but which this MD legitimately labels "MS (muscle spasm) due to CES (chronic emotional stress)".

Here's the key: Once we understand the actual Neuro/physio process that produces pain, we can help our brains to stop the pain. In addition, we must do the deep emotional work, AND deal with day-to-day anxiety, for long-term recovery.

I personally found this video to be very relevant, because this is where I carry my stress, and shoulder pain is what I've been experiencing lately. I can use this!

~Jan

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    HongKongLouie likes this.