1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Seeking respondents for a chronic pain (TMS) survey

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by pworby, Jul 31, 2015.

1. pworby

pworby Newcomer

Hi I'm Patricia, a mindbody practitioner based in the UK, who works with releasing emotionally-driven chronic pain. If you have any of the TMS related conditions like back pain, fibromyalgia, whiplash, RSI, etc and you suspect emotions affect your condition would you like to help me with my Phd study?

Over the years of working with people suffering from chronic pain and fatigue, I have found that trauma seems to be a common feature in its development. This may be unresolved emotion from bereavement, loss or abandonment of any sort, accident, bullying, surgery and all sorts of other common experiences, usually in childhood and then triggered in adult life.

However, I need to know more about how and why this occurs. Thus, I have enrolled on a PhD in clinical hypnotherapy where I want to study this so that my practical experience becomes supported by actual data. As part of my study I want to gather data from people who suffer from chronic pain or fatigue whether formerly diagnosed or not. I include any condition with pain or fatigue as the dominant symptom that has been present for 3 months or more. Please see the my website www.alchemytherapies.co.uk/study.htm. for more details. please be assured this is free, not for profit, anonymized and there is absolutely no obligation to do more than answer the 10 questions (should take no more than 20 mins). I just really need some data.. Thanks!

p.s I've attached a video about me and how I came to be a therapist in case you're interested in my story of recovery and then a new career. I'm a great fan of the TMS approach and Dr. Sarno's work. It explains so much.

Laudisco and IrishSceptic like this.
  2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Patricia and welcome to our community! It is always good news to be able to welcome a new practitioner to the community, especially when that person has suffered through and then overcome their own TMS.

I enjoyed watching the short video, too. It's nice to see people as they talk.

I encourage people to take a moment to fill out the form. The more we can support our practitioners in gathering data the more we can help them in spreading the word about TMS.

3. pworby

pworby Newcomer

Great, thanks. I already had my first respondent from Tucson so I imagine that must be from here? It's so good to connect with others working in the same field, who've maybe had similar experiences to me with modern medicine and the lack of understanding of TMS. I am so excited to have found you. I hope people enjoy the video. I'm sorry it's not better quality! I am working on that...

4. Laudisco

Laudisco Well known member

I just responded to the survey!

Forest likes this.
  5. pworby

pworby Newcomer

That's fantastic thanks.. it's so exciting to get real data based on real life experiences apart from my own. I'll be looking over this later.

Laudisco likes this.
  6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I just took your excellent survey. Will be interested in the results.

Laudisco likes this.
  7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

I'm an an 85 year old author in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois, USA

8. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

9. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

I've had a book published on TMS recovery with another TMSWiki member, "Herbie" (Eric Watson)
    called GOD DOES NOT WANT YOU TO BE IN PAIN, adding prayer to God to MindBody TMS healing.
    See it at CreateSpace eStore.

Laudisco likes this.
  10. pworby

pworby Newcomer

That's great Walter. I am hoping to publish mine 'The scar that won't heal; Everyday trauma and unresolved emotion' shortly on createspace. Although my book is more about the science and the spiritual practice of healing. I'm very interested in mindbody approaches. Thanks for doing my survey also!

Laudisco likes this.
  11. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Patricia,
    Have you closed your survey? - Only I clicked on the link to complete it for you and it just comes up 'page not found'. And when I went direct to your website I couldn't find the survey mentioned anywhere - just as Lainey has also found.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  12. Lainey

Lainey Well known member

Hi Patricia
    Found your site, very good website, interesting. Could not locate your questionnaire/survey??
    Lainey

BloodMoon likes this.
  13. kindle123

kindle123 Peer Supporter

Could not see your survey.

14. Lainey

Lainey Well known member

I just realized that this is an old pos from 3 years ago. Oops!

BloodMoon likes this.
  15. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

Oh, dear, yes, sorry - I believe that was my fault as I was the first to reply to this thread recently - Blame it on my poor eyesight - as it's in small print, 2015 looked like 2018 to me!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  16. kindle123

kindle123 Peer Supporter

I don’t blame you it is a small print. However it makes me wonder because it’s been three years now what were reuslts of her study? Anyway we could find that out?

BloodMoon likes this.