1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

seeking advice with my anxiety and repetitive thoughts and OCD

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Bennyvk, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Bennyvk

Bennyvk New Member

Hi, im Ben i am new to this forum, I used to have horrible back pain then i read Sarnos books and it went away shortly after i would have new symptoms every month including, back pain, leg pain, heartburn, upper back pain, hernia, dry eyes and anxiety and OCD when i had no other physical "issue" I would always have anxiety or be sad. So recently i just got over an eye issue and was all good then i would have horrible anxiety and depression about really stupid things and OCD, i would obsess over things and they would go round and round in my head. And triple checking things and making everything perfect like person with OCD would. But i am almost certain its TMS and is trying to distract me because i have no physical symptom wrong with me right now so i would assume its attacking me mentally. If anybody has any advice it would mean the world right now, Thanks!

2. Time2be

Time2be Well known member

You could read or listen to Claire Weekes (there are numerous talks on You Tube). She helped me with anxiety. In a way it is good that you now have more psychological symptoms than physical ones, because physical pain masks emotions and anxiety. Now you can get to the center of your problem.

3. Bennyvk

Bennyvk New Member

Thank you

4. MWsunin12

MWsunin12 Beloved Grand Eagle

Ben, Many of us who experience TMS are the types who want to control or have everything be perfect.
    Then, when it's not, we put ourselves in physical pain or anxiety or depression.
    For me, one major part of healing is to relinquish control of everything, especially my judgement of what a situation means: health issue, relationships, interactions with people.
    Have you read "The Four Agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz? It's a very short book...and an eye-opening practice.
    Whatever you saw...instead of fearing it...try saying to yourself: "I'm not going to judge this right now. There's a reason I saw this and I trust it will be revealed to me if I need to be concerned. I choose peace instead of frantic thinking." Keep saying this in your mind as much as possible. "I chose peace instead of this. I choose peace instead of this. A peaceful mind and heart will show me what is true."

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2019
    StarCluster and westb like this.
  5. Bennyvk

Bennyvk New Member

thank you, i just dont want this to be the end of a relationship for something stupid you know

6. MWsunin12

MWsunin12 Beloved Grand Eagle

That's why you have to get centered and quiet and peaceful with yourself, first. Your mind is grasping at "worst case scenarios." And, it's going round and round. Others will avoid a person with a frantic energy. Don't let your frantic energy be the deciding factor. Calm your nervous system.
    You are living in your head. Live in your heart. Send beams of love.
    If you already know it's "Something stupid" then don't give it more time. "I choose peace instead of this."

westb likes this.
  7. Bennyvk

Bennyvk New Member

do you believe this is my next tms distraction? Like if you were in my shoes would you think the same

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018