1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 2 Seeing alot of improvements, RSI. This makes me feel kind of scared but hopeful

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Mike Town, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Mike Town

Mike Town New Member

Hey all,

This is my second day of the program, and I gotta say, the things im experiencing are crazy.

So i read the book, and 2 days after that started the program.

Its been 9 months since ive used my keyboard for more than 5 minutes, and the last couple of days i couldnt resist to try out some stuff on the keyboard.

I ended up playing 15 - 30 minutes of videogames each day, and typing around 15 minutes each day.

I feel almost no pain.

2 weeks before this my wrists were shooting with pains atleast 30 times a day, now only around 5 times.

I cant believe this is happening, yet at the same time it does, i did feel a tingling sensation in my hands around 2 times for 3 seconds the last 3 days, and here and there some pains, but nothing like weeks ago.

So how wonderful this is, i am scared of getting my hopes up and be let down in the upcoming days that this was all some placebo, but as with all new things that make me scared, i kind of have the feeling that the longer i go without pain the less the anxiety takes hold.

Im also doing some mindfulness to adress some of this anxiety, while i know that it is one of the things that can induce pain ( self-fulfilling-prophecy) i feel i shouldnt ignore it, its a part of what im experiencing. So this way I hope to make room for the anxiety, but at the same time dont let it consume me and live a life on its own.

Kind regards, Mike

Sacha O. likes this.
  2. Ines

Ines Well known member

That's super awesome. Just keep doing it and try not to think about it too much. Keep filling in your time with things that you like. The Sarno books do say that people recover just from reading the book.