1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 See if you can identify your conditioned responses.

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by dree, Nov 9, 2016.

1. dree

dree New Member

hi guys and galls can anyone clarify something for me: i was reading Alan Gordons Program and he talks about "See if you can identify your conditioned responses. " like getting pain only when we do specific actions such as sitting... well, what does it mean then from a dianosis view point if we feel pain all the time, no matter what we do, like people with fibro do?
    cause I have pain on my lower back that shoots down my legs and also on shoulders... and the pain is always there. some days better, others terrible. can anybody shed some light? thanks

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I have recovered from fibromyalgia and had pain all over and all the time during the 20 years I had it. Still, I was conditioned to believe that certain things would make it worse, e.g. driving over an hour, sleeping in a bed other than my own, sitting under flurorescent lights all day, not getting enough sleep, getting too hot or too cold, etc. etc. So many conditioned responses. It's so great to be free of all those fears. You can too. Hang in there and keep doing the SEP. You will recover some day too.

Welcome to the Forum!

dree and JanAtheCPA like this.
  3. dree

dree New Member

hi Ellen. thanks for the reply. what do you think has helped you better in the healing process? did you have emotional work done with a therapist? how long did it take you to start seeing results and what were you doing? challlenging these beliefs? thanks. with me i tend to blame my work. setting for a long time. typing a lot... stay well.

4. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi dree,

I have detailed responses to your questions in my Success Story that you can read on my profile or in the Success Stories sub-forum.

Best wishes....