1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 3 Sciatica

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Eastendtony, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Eastendtony

Eastendtony Newcomer

Very rough this morning, up about 5 a.m, kept telling myself that structurally I was fine, the (albeit very real) pain was emotional. Actually not too bad from about midday onwards, just been to karate, so in the grand scheme of things I must be improving. Mustn't let the pain hold me back!

2. intense50

intense50 Well known member

Sciatica is emotional you're right. Trust me I know. You will heal. Keep up the good work.

3. nancy

nancy Well known member

I also have sciatica, it has been a rather long time but am working on it. Just wondering how yours reacts to stress?
    I have no pain while lying down, just while walking and the pain starts in my spine, down the bum and into my r
    thigh and down the leg. It is often in many patterns. I have had pain free times but not full days yet. Can you explain yours.
    Thanks and feel well, Nancy

4. Ithantech

Ithantech Peer Supporter

If it is encouraging to you, this program helped me live pain free beyond sciatica. The pain is real. Significant relief came from understanding TMS as the cause. But the relief of symptoms and rebuilding strength and flexibility have taken a while. Finding ways to breathe in joy, breathe out stress have helped me maintain and stop the cycle when it threatens to start again.