1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

sciatica journey

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by lukas-z, May 25, 2022.

1. lukas-z

lukas-z New Member

hey all, i try to keep it brief. I am looking for people going through sciatica pain and their journey to recovery.
    i had intermittent back pain on and off for 20+ years, nothing too bad. then about 3 years ago i had my first sciatic episode, which self-resolved with conservative care (before I knew sarno) within 3-4 months.
    last year I had another mild episode, with similar progress. now this year i have another one, with worse then the others pain intensity. my pain ranges from 0-6. it has been going on for 4 months or so.
    I am fairly convinced that it is TMS. I do not even have a disc herniation on the MRI. I had also mild back pain.
    once I started reading Sarno and dealing with the emotions, my back pain pretty much disappeared, but my sciatic pain remains.
    I am fairly active, and going to the gym, but oftentimes the next day after the gym, my pain level is up above baseline.
    anyways...I stop now, if you been having any sciatic type symptoms and like to exchange ideas, pls reply,