1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Schubiner’s Five F’s

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Cactusflower, Feb 11, 2023.

1. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

Dr. Schubiner has 5 F’s he suggests not to get caught up in
    Fixing
    Fear
    Frustration
    Fighting
    Focus

I f’ind all of these a challenge, but fear and frustration are so tied to emotion that I find this list can have me trying to deny them.
    Remembering that feeling the emotion of being frustrated is ok (anger) but not staying in that headspace is hard.
    Similarly fear. Fear is my looming difficulty. I work with it daily but find it’s a hard one because I feel I fight it by not giving into it. Feeling it would be a 24 hr event in my head! What it really boils down to is overthinking in dealing with these things. Another personal challenge. Confronting these F’s while not letting them rule, not overthinking them or this list and at the same time acknowledging I do them all. trying to find that balance of leaning into feeling the emotions surrounding them while not getting caught up in their cycle.
    Most of these are part of the SEP and we are asked to journal on them (I have at length).

How do you feel you deal with these F’s? Have you considered them? Are they a struggle for you?

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. Sharada Devi

Sharada Devi New Member

One of my go toes for getting my brain to stop ruminating on something is to sing. Our brains can't process two sets of language based activities at once. Singing takes the resources away from the problem thoughts. For this to work best you need to sing out loud. Singing the words is more interesting to your brain than the thoughts it's stuck on. Try it, it doesn't matter whether you a good singer or not, this works and it's fun.

Ellen likes this.