1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

school and TMS

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by srton, Jan 14, 2019.

1. srton

srton Well known member

I'm in an accelerated nursing program - and shocker! - during my holiday break i got wallopped with a nasty bout of TMS. It had been an incredibly difficult 8 months both mentally, physically and emotionally. I'm an older student (40) with small children and a history of (successfully treated) TMS, and I'm all of the above, perfectionist, goodist, driven, people pleaser and DEEPLY AVOIDENT.
    I spent most of my much needed holiday break doing work for my TMS - reading, thinking - everything i can do to accept all the crap i've been feeling and release it from my body.
    It is still here and i HATE IT.
    Today i have to start back up again with my very demanding program. I am really anxious and dreading tackling this semester with major TMS pain.
    UGH why can't my body let go of this.
    I know my subconscious is an ugly place full of anxiety fear rage and i'm ready to release.
    thank you for listening. this community is a lifesaver for me.