1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Scared and not sure what to do

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Jesse668, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

GR, I really appreciate your kind words to me.
    I don't get visits from family or friends very often, but get lots of love from my dog
    and feel as if I've found wonderful new friends on the TMSWiki forum. I think it's
    healthy for us all to share our experiences and encouragement.

I loved Upstairs, Downstairs. It was quite like Downton Abbey, and anyone who
    loves DA ought to watch the long but wonderful UD series. Netflix has it,
    and local libraries probably also have both series on DVD.

I think you're right, that UD was the inspiration for DA.

I've watched most if not all Masterpiece Theatre series and think they're among the
    best shows I've ever seen on television. Definitely the top series.

A few other MT favorites of mine are Love for Lydia, The Forsyte Saga,
    Brideshead Revisited, The Duchess of Duke Street, To Serve Them All My Days,
    All Creatures Great and Small, and I know I'm forgetting to name others.

I also love the Catherine Cookson Collection series, also from PBS. Netflix has them.
    They're movies based on her books. A British author and great story-teller.

There is so little like the above on television or in the movies, so I enjoy watching
    these again.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I rented both Downton Abbey and Upstairs Downstairs on DVD from Netflix.
    The other Masterpiece Theatre series too.

I don't have a set-up for streaming, and prefer watching movies on my tv set.

3. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

GR, Downton Abbey is on Netflix streaming. When the new season aires, PBS.org will replay episodes too. I am a HUGE DA fan! Pretty much anything BBC is a hit in my book. I especially love Foyle's War and was saddened that it ended this past season.

Solange, I loved what you shared too.