1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Satori

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Baseball65, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

-Eckhart Tolle. "You cannot think when you feel the inner body"

So, I am listening to E.T. and he says that. Caused me to reflect on something I have been working on in Baseball.

I read a quote by a great hitter who says "They tell you all of these over simplified things about shifting your weight , your hands, your head, but they don't tell you what that means and how to be AWARE of these things...Hitting the ball is about body awareness"

...and That made sense, because most good pitchers 'get in your head' and get you to start thinking. Every time I hit the ball well I am NOT thinking. I have begun practicing body awareness during my workouts...actually bringing my attention to every single toe, my foot, my legs, my boiler, my chest....all the way to the top of my head.....and I hit a hard line drive on my first swing, every time.

Then I started having some mild shoulder TMS. It occurred to me that TMS is involuntary body awareness.

We are complicated systems and yet some stuff is so simple. When My core being is fearful of the outcome of my head doing it's job (thinking) it distracts me and tries to make me body aware. If I think about my Job, My relationship, my finances, anything I am angry about...."Hey...check me out over here! No...don't think...just obsess on me and keep checking me out, otherwise your gonna keep thinking about that stuff and something BAD is gonna happen"

So there is time for body awareness, and there is time to go sit and think. This is where our spiritual and trues self becomes a good arbiter between the two. When the three of them are in balance I am in the empty spot in the middle....and I am fine.

backhand likes this.