1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Sat through "ergonomics" training at work

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stayfit65, Mar 10, 2016.

1. stayfit65

stayfit65 Peer Supporter

Hello,
    I had to sit through ergonomics training at work today that talked all about herniated discs, carpal tunnel and other repetitive stress. I tried so hard to sit there and ignore, but it was hard. The lady that taught it talked about how many pain disorders she had...YUCK! Why don't they ever talk about the effects of psychological stress on these pain disorders??? Just frustrates me.

skhs likes this.
  2. Sarah Jacoba

Sarah Jacoba Peer Supporter

3. skhs

skhs Peer Supporter

"YUCK!" I agree.

4. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes indeed. It's just another way to safe guard the employer, at the sacrifice of instilling fear and doubt into the employees subconscious mind. It's a shame that most employers aren't even consciously aware that they're doing this.