1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Sarno Program

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by patrickj, Jun 1, 2023.

1. patrickj

patrickj Well known member

Did anyone on here actually receive treatment off John Sarno? Did you go through his program?

What did it involve please?

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Patrick, I'm going to quote an extract of information posted by @Duggit from a couple of weeks ago:

3. patrickj

Cheers but you’ve not answered the question.

Did anyone on here actually receive treatment off John Sarno? Did you go through his program?

What did it involve please?

4. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

Cap'n Spanky and patrickj like this.
  5. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I know I didn't, Patrick. I was making a point, but I don't want to hit you over the head with it. You already know where I'm coming from.

FYI, Nicole Sachs was Dr Sarno's co-teacher/lecturer/assistant, or whatever, for a number of years. As @Cactusflower said, it wasn't really a program at all. That's a great link she found, because you can clearly see that the "program" is a combination of activities, starting with understanding the information which is in his books, a physical exam to make sure there are no pathological issues, and ongoing emotional work, using techniques that are clearly similar to, and widely available from, many places, like our free SEP and any number of professional and curated sources. And, as mentioned frequently: psychotherapy.

In other words - the activities were tailored to the individual and often included therapy.

Basically, Dr Sarno said that someone either gets it, or they don't. He rejected 50% of the people who were open enough to the concepts to want to participate, because, based on his years of experience, he could quickly tell which ones were going to get it and which ones weren't.

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  6. patrickj

7. patrickj

I wanted answers to the questions rather than sarcastic suggestions that “I don’t get it”
    You barely know anything about me and how receptive I am to TMS. I know I have TMS but I don’t appear to get better. I’d make the point that you don’t like the fact that I know I’ve got TMS but the methods aren’t working. Like I’ve said before, the unsuccessful stories are censored on here because you don’t want to hear it

I’d argue I do more TMS work than many others on here
    You make daft points like that but you don’t see me reading Sarno and others everyday, listening to podcasts, going to sleep to Louise Hay affirmations, deep breathing, paying for a subscription to Curable etc

Are you saying if I told Sarno that he’d turn me away?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2023
  8. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

TG957 and patrickj like this.
  9. patrickj

Excellent thanks Ellen