1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Sarno DVD

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Renee, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Renee

Renee Well known member

Hi everyone. Would it be helpful for me to purchase this DVD? Has anyone viewed it? Is it available anywhere for free? Pelvic pain and neck pain are my main issues besides having anxiety and various stomach issues.

2. Jason D

Jason D Newcomer

I bought it and had it shipped up to Canada. It was a good video, it is just him lecturing. There wasn't anything I learned that was new outside of his books and what you can find online. I think this forum/wiki has been the richest source of information. I actually have the same problem areas as you do (neck/pelvic/stomach - though I had issues with low back and sciatica back in the day + the jaw more recently). Thankfully they move around and rotate (after a few months or so). I've been unable to sit for prolonged periods for years but much better after doing myofascial release exercises (using an acuball and a rumble roller). I've been meditating for almost 2 months now and it's helping me with recent stomach issues (it'd get tight and I'd get nauseous lying down or standing too long from the tension - wouldn't be able to eat as much as I used to - though I should be thankful since I lost quite a bit of weight). I have anxiety as well, it makes the pain worse, but sometimes it can make me forget about the pain because I'm worried about something else =/...Exercise helps a lot as well. I wish I could have been one of those people who got better just by reading a book...Good luck!

3. cirrusnarea

cirrusnarea Well known member

I like it. Things to know, it is very much rehearsed. The audience, probably true patients of his, come across as a bit stiff and robotic. So the video can seem corny at times. I have gotten a lot from it though in the past. Often it gave me comfort and reassurance to watch and listen to him speak. This can be very important to help you reaffirm you have TMS. It is also a lot easier to watch the DVD then read a whole book, so it has often been more convenient. Recommended for those who accept they have TMS, not for newbies or skeptics.

4. Renee

Renee Well known member

I was hoping I would watch it and be magically cured:) but I guess there really is no easy way out of this thing. I need to start some kind of meditation or mindfulness program. I did sign up for the mindfulness summit in October.

5. Renee

Renee Well known member

Thanks for your input. I just wish it was a bit more affordable.

cirrusnarea likes this.
  6. cirrusnarea

Maybe I can loan it to you. Are you very interested?

7. cirrusnarea

Nope, it's not a miracle sadly, although some people have read the book and been cured immediately, so you have to hope. But you also have to know that for most of us it is a long process with a lot of setbacks. But even at this stage, I will say I'm better off with this and have grown a lot thanks to it. I just wish my anxiety/nervousness would go away.

8. Renee

Renee Well known member

Thank you so much for the offer of the DVD! From what it sounds like though is that is it just more of the same info. For some reason I mistakenly thought that there was more information in his lectures than his books. I'm only beginning to realize now that there really is so much more to all this than reading books, etc., thanks to this wonderful site.

mike2014 likes this.
  9. cirrusnarea

If you feel comfortable giving your address private message me and I will mail it out to you. I think it will help and then you will know whether it is worth investing in. It is very powerful to hear him give the whole lecture. But it's up to you, just thought I'd offer since it's not helping anyone sitting on my bookshelf.