1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

SAD

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Rsoup, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Rsoup

Rsoup New Member

I suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder. Just curious if anyone else deals with this and if it can in any way be linked to TMS. Looking back, it seems like most of my attacks or symptoms happened in the fall/winter months. After the time change, Im pretty well useless and unbearable to be around.

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Rsoup, and welcome to the forum!

I have no doubt that SAD is TMS. Just as Dr. Sarno came to believe that anxiety, depression, OCD, you name it, are all equivalents of TMS I'm sure that SAD fits in there as well. As you do this work, you should be able to examine your thoughts, feelings and hopefully your deeper emotions surrounding the onset of the winter months. And then change your mind.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Rsoup. I always liked winter (less noisy) but now I am 85 I miss the sunshine and warmth of summer. Cloudy, rainy days are bummers, but I find ways to brighten them... Put on more lights at night, keep warm, remind myself how lucky I am to have a nice little house and darling dog to keep me company. I'm 85 and tell myself THE BEST IS YET TO COME.

4. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

5. balto

balto Beloved Grand Eagle

I came from a country near the equator, so the US winter is pretty tough on me when I was diagnose with SAD. It got worst with time. I got rid of it with Sarno's and Claire Weekes' teaching. I love winter and all the holidays that came with it. To me, SAD is mind body for sure.
    Light therapy can help if you believe it will. But I didn't want to use it because I don't want to depend on anything beside my mind.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  6. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Great input, Balto. I think that a light therapy box could be a tool to help you while you retrain your brain, just as Dr. Sarno says you can continue to use meds judiciously as you heal while working on your TMS awareness - but ultimately you will get more benefit by depending upon yourself and changing your mind, rather than on gadgets.

7. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary