1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Rushing- how do I learn to slow down?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by jonconner, Jun 16, 2021.

1. jonconner

jonconner Peer Supporter

Hi Everyone

Rushing- how do I learn to slow down? I feel like I’m always rushing through the day and whatever task I’m doing. I think it’s in me that if I rush the day will go quicker, and I’ll be home which feels safe.

Always rushing and always tense!!!!

many thanks

2. Sita

Sita Well known member

Intentionally pause before doing everything. For a few seconds. And feel the moment, breathe in and out. Do this all the time and you'll feel the difference.

Take care.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    Ellen, TG957, FredAmir and 1 other person like this.
  3. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Follow Sita’s suggestion and use the timer or reminder on your phone to help you do that.

Set it for every 15 or 30 minutes. Check yourself to see if you stopped and took a breath before moving forward.

You have make an excellent observation: you are running from something. You may need to stop and face it and resolve it so that you can stop running.

4. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

When I find myself rushing I do whatever task I'm engaged in slowly and mindfully. Purposely feel every step, every action. Be present.

Sita likes this.
  5. jonconner

jonconner Peer Supporter

Hu guys, thanks for all the help, im really trying. My prostatitis symptoms have me rushing always