1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Running and push-ups for first time in 2 years

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by af90, Dec 24, 2014.

1. af90

af90 Peer Supporter

Today i reached one of the more significant goals on my list. I jogged for 13 min on treadmill and i did 3 x 10 full pushups. Both these i have not done since my widespread (neck, back, leg, elbows and wrist) pain started 2 years ago. I was surprised because i didnt feel any increase in pain afterwards. My pain level overall is still somewhere around 50% (same as 3 weeks ago) but last week i got layed off from work which brought some new stresses so im not too concerned about lack of progress!

Ellen likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

You're making great progress by jogging and exercising and not feeling pain.
    Being laid off can certainly be stressful, but I hope you will keep on the positive side that
    you will be called back to work or find something else as good or better.

I quit my job 40 years ago and became a fulltime freelance writer. I'm even amazed that
    I've survived this long and things are even looking up. When I'm out of work or money
    I pray, not asking for money, but for new work. My prayers are answered amazingly fast.

Enjoy the time off from work and don 't worry about it. Not easy, but try it.

Happy New Year and may it be healthy and prosperous for you and all.

IrishSceptic likes this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi af90,
    How wonderful for you. I see your progress and your happiness.

I also see that you are celebrating the growth, and ignoring experiences (like residual pain), that might throw you off your deep recognition that you have TMS, and you are dealing with it in an effective way. I am very, very happy for you.

Andy