1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 11 RSI Symptoms

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Deepster, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Deepster

Deepster Peer Supporter

Part of today's work is to compare my own story with Armchair Linguist's success story.

Interestingly, my own RSI symptoms started developing around the same time (2004) and under similar circumstances---I was writing up my PhD thesis (and unconsciously putting myself under a huge amount of pressure). I also read The Mindbody Prescription around that time, but I didn't get a "book cure" and didn't really follow it up after that. In the following years, I did try lots of bodywork: Alexander Technique, chiropractic, PT, Active Release Techniques, acupuncture, etc. as well as stretching and strengthening. Nothing really helped beyond some perhaps short-term relief. In fact my symptoms got gradually worse and worse. At some point I introduced an ergonomic keyboard. I also learned all the keyboard shortcuts to minimize using the mouse.

Since learning about TMS, I certainly have less of a charge around getting these symptoms. I still get them, but I don't let them freak me out quite so much. I dare say the symptoms are a little bit better. Although I am using the computer a lot less than when I was working, right now I'm typing on a little laptop, which I wouldn't have dreamed of doing a year ago.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Sheree

Sheree Well known member

3. Deepster

Deepster Peer Supporter

Thanks Sheree. Actually, I'd seen that link before and liked it. When I wrote this post I remembered it, and I'm going to re-read it!

4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

That quote from you Deepster, About the symptoms getting a little bit better. That's what you want my friend. That's all you need Deepster, that little bit. Now all the words that you said you are doing now like knowing how to control all those games the mind likes to play. Well you are doing it my friend. Stay the course. So your like on day 11 now right. Keep me posted, I want to make sure I work with you as much as possible. All you had to say was those magic words my friend -- The symptoms are a little bit lesser. Yea and soon enough with your patience they will be a little more better -- then better and so on, Your on your way buddy.
    Bless you

Deepster likes this.
  5. Deepster

Deepster Peer Supporter

Thanks Herbie!