1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Rough week!!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by AnnaSchweitzer, Nov 15, 2015.

1. AnnaSchweitzer

AnnaSchweitzer Peer Supporter

so I've been doing the tms structures educational program and I haven't really seen any change in pain BUT last week I was diagnosed with a sinus infection and I'm back at the doctors today because my first antibiotic I guess didn't work?? I'm so sick of fighting all this sickness and pain. Is that correlated to tms? I have NO FAITH in doctors anymore period! I just feel like a mess. Why can everyone else go into the doctor and get a medicine and their symptoms go away. Sorry to vent but I'm just feeling hopeless today!!

Alyssa5 likes this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Anna,

I get your frustration, and anger about your situation. I think this is a healthy response. You have been through a lot, and it "keeps going," is what it feels like.

I also think it is powerful to view the infection as a TMS symptom, that it didn't respond. To hold this as part of your larger picture. Not that you are a failure to "fix" your TMS with the SEP program so quickly, but rather with compassion that you are suffering, and that the suffering fits a pattern that you are understanding more about, and addressing skillfully.

Andy B.