1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

role of journaling and thinking psychologically

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Ania, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Ania

Ania Peer Supporter

I do not fully inderstand dr. Sarnos concepts, maybe someone here could help me.

Dr. Sarno says that we have TMS symptoms because of unconcious emotions, and our mind prevents it to come to conciousnes.
    He says that those emotions were originaly created in unconscious mind and repressed. They have never been felt conciously, which means that we know nothing about what kind of emotions are those.

What is the role of journaling or thinking psychologically in TMS treatment?
    We can write a lot about our past or current stresses, emotions etc., but still we do not know what is (or was) wrong in our unconcious mind that brought us to TMS suffering.

After couple of weeks of journalling I do not feel that I've discovered anything new about myself. I was just journalling about painful current and past events, about nothing new for me. I was already aware of all those things happening. Thinking so intensively about all this stuff just brought me to feel those bad emetions once again and made my mood worse and more depressive. But... my back pain is still there. And still I do knot know what is it trying to protect me from. This still remains unconcious.

2. Saffron

Saffron Peer Supporter

I struggle with this too. After 10 years. I’m still getting migraines. I know there is no physical reason. I’ve seen therapists. Journaled. But nothing changes no emotions surface