1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 9 Road marker Pressure

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Allissa RS, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Allissa RS

Allissa RS New Member

Today had not started well.
    I had placed a mark on the road of my journey for when I would feel completely better.
    Today was that day.
    I am meeting with the local mums and bubs group with my 3 month old
    I thought I'd have this TMS thing licked.
    Lesson for today and further more:
    Strike off timelines and markers.
    They are not useful.
    Because other than that I am feeling great in processing some of the old crap coming forth from journalling.
    Coming closer to the truth of my feelings each day.
    Here's to no more self abuse through expectations.

srton likes this.
  2. srton

srton Well known member

Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here is to no more self abuse of ANY kind!!!! I used to think that beating myself up and perfectionism were the only things that kept me productive and successful. Wrong. Those ideals were what keeps us in pain.
    If you continue to work the program and journal everyday you will heal.
    Re timelines: you didn't walk into the woods in a day, how could you expect to walk out that quickly?
    We are retraining our nervous systems and minds to process the world differently.
    Finally, congratulations on processing the "old crap" that is a huge accomplishment and you should feel very proud.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  3. Allissa RS

Allissa RS New Member

Thanks Srton,
    It's interesting how slippery this self abuse is, I literally woke up this morning, still giving myself a hard time about not be well yet! Oh dear!

I have the option of trying some medication for the nervous bladder manifestation I currently experience, and I'm giving myself a ton heap of crap about being faulty, etc, that I should be able to fix this myself, should should should pressure pressure pressure ....and funnily enough subsequently ..pee, pee, pee.

It seems my doc feels the medication is simply for a bladder reset of sorts which does fit along side my view of TMS, it's simply a helping hand. I am taking this route while turning down the notch of perfectionism. It's challenging, its tough.

But I'm continuing the work. I am an art therapist by trade and I don't understand how I can be so gentle with others but so tough on myself?

It's time to 'take the pressure down!' (thankyou John Farnham )