1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

RIP Dr. Sarno

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Jun 23, 2017.

1. ThatBookBlewMyMind

ThatBookBlewMyMind New Member

Dr Sarno helped me in a very tough time, his work was the reason i made it through that tough time.

What a legend, such a genuine person.

RIP

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

A life dedicated to the relief of the suffering of others is a life well lived.

Thank you, Dr. Sarno. Rest in peace.

3. coconanna

coconanna New Member

I was running pillar to post before I came across your books. Whatever life I have regained is because of you Dr Sarno. Legends like you will always be remembered.. Rest In Peace...

4. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

Amen to that! Dr. Sarno changed my life and I will forever be grateful to him. He was a great man and may he rest in peace.

Lizzy likes this.
  5. balto

balto Beloved Grand Eagle

Back in the 90's I bought Healing Back Pain for around $8. It is the best investment I have ever made in my life. Dr. Sarno saved me and my marriage. Rest in Peace Dr.
    I made a promise to myself long ago that I will try my best to spread his message to as many people as I can. I think it is the least I can do to thank him.
    Thank you Dr. Sarno.

Lizzy likes this.
  6. giantsfan

giantsfan Well known member

Thank you Dr. Sarno for saving my life. I have overcome incredible amounts of pain and disability due to your work and I will forever be grateful. You will be missed, but your work will live on and grow to the masses.

I wish I could've of given you a big hug and thanked you in person.

Rest in peace Dr. Sarno.

CaptainHope, Lizzy and intense50 like this.
  7. intense50

intense50 Well known member

Speechless........... A SAINT!

8. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Wow... What a Beautiful life.
    I never ever met Dr. Sarno and yet his prescriptions and directions have been the most important ones ever given to me. I think of him often when I am at work crawling around on the floor for hours, climbing three stories in the sky and Playing hard in my recreational life. My life felt all but snuffed out when I was bitterly depressed and despondent at age 32. This Fall will be 20 years of a hard living pain-free life. Dr Sarno will be remembered a long time...even my children have been instructed to be on the lookout for TMS and they overcame their 'growing pains' and such nonsense.... and The Good Dr. Lives On.

Thank you for your life's work Dr.

much respect, Marc Richards aka Baseball65

Lunarlass66 and Lizzy like this.
  9. jaumeb

jaumeb Peer Supporter

I'll be forever thakful to you and to those that spread your word. Rest in peace.

10. Enrique

Enrique Well known member

I'm so glad we put that book together! RIP Dr Sarno.

Lizzy likes this.
  11. Marla

Marla Peer Supporter

I found out about him 12 years ago searching in the library for a book on back pain and I read his. Changed my life!

I will always be grateful to him for not only his compassionate help but having the courage to stand alone when all else in his field stood against him.

Enrique and Lizzy like this.
  12. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

It is indeed a sad day.

He was a giant whose memory I will always cherish with sincere gratitude for as long as I live.

Thank you Dr. Sarno.

Enrique and Lizzy like this.
  13. 7dani4

7dani4 Peer Supporter

I just received an email about this :( RIP Dr. Sarno, you've changed the lives of many!

I remember discovering his book on Healing Back Pain last January after months of persistent sciatica and back/hip pain that stopped me from exercising and made me depressed, confused and hopeless. Reading up on how I might never exercise again due to a slipped disk, I was in a very bad place mentally considering how active I was before. Within a matter of days after discovering Dr. Sarno and TMS, I was healed and back to working out. It was like a miracle. I still can't believe it. Now even when I get other pain (like stomach) I can make it go away by realizing it's TMS.

Dr. Sarnos, I can't express my gratitude to you -- my only regret is not being able to meet you and personally thank you. RIP friend.

Enrique likes this.
  14. Adventureseeker

Adventureseeker Peer Supporter

Truly my hero... I only hope that his work will not be forgotten, who knows, maybe now that he has passed away, more professionals will actually be interested in conducting more research about his theories.

Enrique likes this.
  15. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

I thank God for the audacity, courage and love of this great man. He gifted us with the knowing to lift civilization's curse and to trust who we are in our wild entirety; to be fully human, fully alive. What a glorious touchstone for healing and for life.

May John Sarno rest in the most beautiful of peace, may his legacy bloom in the hearts and minds of every soul his words touch.

Lunarlass66, Enrique, she333 and 2 others like this.
  16. ragis45

ragis45 New Member

Back in 1983, when I was 29 years old I was experiencing terrible back pain and after visiting numerous orthopedists was told I had degenerated discs and needed back surgery. I was a healthy, active, athlete who was at a potentially a turning point of my life. Through God's blessing someone told me about this Dr. Sarno who was doing miraculous work with mind body medicine. Well, I attended his seminars and as they say the rest is history. I had visited Dr. Sarno a couple of times for follow ups, but suffice it to say I am now 62 and I have led a wonderful and very active life .....well...... because of him. There are not words to express my gratitude to this man for giving me back my life. He always said that he would not be appreciated or fully validated until long after his death. I believe he was right about that as well and I will await his overdue accolades.

Enrique likes this.
  17. fridaynotes

fridaynotes Well known member

I consider Dr Sarno one of the greatest thinkers of the twentieth century.

Enrique and Cap'n Spanky like this.
  18. PainNoMore

PainNoMore Peer Supporter

a true pioneer. a great man of courage to stick to what he knew was true in the face of ridicule and scorn. i thank God for the good doctor. rest in peace Dr Sarno.

Enrique likes this.
  19. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Dear friends and mourners,
    Reading this thread today feels like attending the memorial of an old friend. We gather here to mourn and celebrate the life of a man who has deeply affected our entire life since meeting him. We read down and see the "faces" of other friends and we grab ahold of them for a hug (see likes on their post). We see the new member we read of the other day and we hope they continue the journey Dr. Sarno led us on. We read these posts and we laugh and cry. And we learned right here to go ahead and cry. To feel our sadness and our joy because of this amazing man. We who have tms don't have back, foot, knee pain, gi issues etc, we have a feeling expressed by our mind in our bodies. Today my mind is so very sad, and I thank you friends for coming together with me to express it, not suppress it.

With love and sorrow and joy for the man and friend, John Sarno,
    Lizzy

Enrique, Ellen, birdsetfree and 2 others like this.
  20. piecesofjoy

piecesofjoy Newcomer

Dr. Sarno was one of the greatest doctors in the world and he will truly be missed. He has helped so many people get their lives back and live to the fullest. The first time I read The Mindbody Prescription, I knew he understood the body better than any other doctor I had come across. He has left behind the greatest gift to those suffering with chronic pain. R.I.P Dr. Sarno.

Enrique and plum like this.