1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 Returning to Physical Activity

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jjnyc, Aug 10, 2015.

1. jjnyc

jjnyc New Member

The Day 3 "Question to Ponder" has to do with Physical Activity. I know Dr. Sarno instructs us to resume all normal physical activity. For me, this was hard to accept at first. For over a year and a half now, I have avoided certain exercises that I felt would re-aggravate the pain in my back (Weightlifting, running, golf, team sports, etc.). The biggest thing I have yet to do is the one of the things I love most in this world; playing rugby. However, a few weeks ago I made the conscience decision that in order to truly believe and buy into TMS I have to get back on the rugby field. This means resuming the training that is involved with playing the sport (weightlifting, sprints, running). Every since I made the decision to get back on the pitch, I have felt better both mentally and physically. The pain tries to come back, but I get angry at it and tell it to go away. I am now sprinting twice a week and squatting in the weight room (something I never thought I would do again).

For me, TMS took one of the things I love the most. Its time to get it back.

riv44 likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, jjnyc. One of those who had about the worst pains from TMS, Steve Ozanich, wrote in his book THE GREAT PAIN DECEPTION,
    that knowing his pains were from TMS, repressed emotions, and going on and playing golf despite the pain healed him.

So it's great that you are back at activities that you love. You're on your way to healing and being as active as you want.