1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Returning TMS

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Jeannyjay, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Jeannyjay

Jeannyjay New Member

Hi everyone,
    I have returning TMS symptoms in my leg which mimics sciatica really well. I know it’s from stress in my life but have forgotten how to deal with it so I am back, any advice for renewed pain and symptoms it’s very frustrating.

2. AlyssaCa

AlyssaCa New Member

Hey Jeannyjay, I'm dealing with some nerve pain myself.

So I'm still working on eliminating my pain, but I think maybe what has happened is you were pain free for a while but then you reached a critical point. Maybe there are too many things going on. You said stress in your life, but you need to break that down and be specific.

For example, this person at work is really bothering me because they keep pestering me about a deadline.

Also, do you feel strong enough to do some cardio? Physical activity releases endorphins and helps combat that stress in a way that's far better than just vegging out and watching TV!

3. Jeannyjay

Jeannyjay New Member

Yes I have started doing cardio by going out jogging in the mornings, and I know this helps. I just have to turn my thoughts around so I am not scared of doing a bit more every day. So many people have told me not to push myself to much and I know I am strong so I must get rid of the fear. I am not someone who likes sitting doing nothing anyway, and if anything I set myself up for doing to much!
    Thank you for your advice I have had a lot of stress that I have felt out of control with and I believe I will have to just deal with it and be kind to myself along the way.
    I think you were right about reaching a critical point. I can almost pin point when that was, so that’s a good thing. I know this will eventually take me away from fear.
    Have a great day!