1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 11 Response to RSI Success Story

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Laudisco, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Laudisco

Laudisco Well known member

I was really encouraged to read the RSI success story by Armchair Linguist. I can relate a lot to her struggle with RSI pain, especially because my pain got worse when I was stressed at university. I have another friend with RSI in his hands and he is a university student, and I'm fairly certain it's TMS.

I relate to the experience of having my pain "jump around" and symptoms change as I've tried to address TMS, so this excerpt resonates with me:

"My pain started to jump around a lot to silly places that had never hurt before, which was pretty darn convincing. I kept reading and rereading MBP, and I started to look at the patterns that my pain had, and saw that they matched TMS exactly. I was depressed (in 2002), and when I stopped being depressed, a few months later I started having pain. Pain went away or got less during less-stressful times and vice versa. Pain didn't “make sense.”"

It was also helpful to realise it's a process, and there's nothing wrong with me if I don't have immediate success. Sometimes I get discouraged as it has taken me a while to recover, but this bit helped me:

"It's not as easy as I guess I hoped it might be, though. Even though the pain got a lot less very quickly, bits of it are sticking around to remind me to do my work. Facing up to my low self-esteem, its origins, and the behaviors I've created to cope with it is hard. But it's way better than being a captive to the gremlin. :)"

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

It's just TMS, our subconscious moving pain around to remind us we need to discover more repressed emotions.
    Things that happen today can trigger old anger, we know.

Look on the bright side. Pain moving around means your subconscious "gets it." You know how to heal from TMS.

Laudisco likes this.
  3. Laudisco

Laudisco Well known member

Very true Walt! Thanks for confirming this and encouraging me on my journey… It's been an incredible time of healing, insight and self-discovery. I have also been learning a great deal about my family history, including a number of things I had never been told before. I feel like this is not a coincidence, as it is helping me understand the difficulties with my family and how I can change the patterns of the past.