1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Resources for examining life

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Oxalys, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Oxalys

Oxalys New Member

Does anyone know a website that provides a framework for examining your life in terms of mind body concepts? I'm getting some benefits from journaling but I'm struggling with knowing what to focus on. Some guidance on how to look at things would be useful.

2. Mary80

Mary80 Peer Supporter

have you read any of the recommended books here? or did you see some video?

3. andy64tms

andy64tms Well known member

Oxalys likes this.
  4. Oxalys

Oxalys New Member

Hi yes I have read all of Sarno's books and a few others too. I guess I just struggle to find anything that is significant enough that it might be causing my pains.

5. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Just to clarify, are you looking for a general resource as a way of deepening personal inquiry or are you trying to hunt down the root cause of your TMS?

Oftentimes there isn't a significant event or experience we need to uncover. For most of us our TMS is more centred on how our personality navigates through life and how these reactions can cumulatively lead to an excess of tension.

This is a great post by @Steve Ozanich on this common stumbling block.

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/seeking-the-grail.529/ (Steven Ozanich - Seeking the Grail)

Plum x

PainNoMore likes this.
  6. Oxalys

Oxalys New Member

Thank you Plum, that's helpful insight. I have just been listening to a podcast with Nicole Sachs too where she talks about thinking how you'd react to things if you were a young child, in order to see areas in which you might have built up tension where you might on the surface feel in control and unstressed. This has been revolutionary to me, I have a toddler and she loses it over pretty much anything that doesn't go her way. If I look at things like that, then yes over the last few years my inner child would be going a bit nuts because so much hasn't really gone my way at all. I think I'll focus my journaling on some of this for the next few weeks and see how that goes. I really appreciate your input and will have a good read of Steve's post too :)

plum likes this.
  7. PainNoMore

PainNoMore Peer Supporter

thanks for that Plum. i had never seen that post from Steve. it's awesome as i needed a refresher.

plum likes this.