1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

reprodicable pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by scluke, Mar 22, 2022.

1. scluke

scluke Newcomer

Hi Everyone,

I have been dealing with back and hip pain since I lost my mom to cancer about 5 years ago. My MRI shows multiple bulging discs etc. I fit the personality profile for TMS to a T so I really believe my pain is coming from by mind. My question is in regard to some of the tests the doctors use to figure out where the pain is coming from. In my case the straight leg test on my left side reproduces the severe nerve pain down the front of my thigh. This is a position that I am basically never in when going about my day to day life so I don't see how my brain has learned to associate it with pain. Especially since the pain was reproduced the first time the doctor ever did the test. This has introduced some doubt which I know is a killer in terms of getting better.

I would appreciate anyone's input on this.

Thank You.