1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 23 Repressing emotions

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by prisd, Mar 10, 2016.

1. prisd

prisd Peer Supporter

I don't think I'm avoiding any part of this program. I do the reading, the journaling. I do forget to be kind to myself, with worrying so much about others or what they think so much.

I definitely repress anger. It just doesn't fit my belief system to show anger. I don't see how it benefits anyone. Once in a while it really comes out though, then I do or say things I regret. I was proud of myself this morning after I got angry at my husband for some comments he said, that I was able to express calmly to him that his comments made me feel not cared for. Then we kissed and made up :)

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

hi, prisd. It's okay to get angry at times, and great that you kiss and make up afterward. I had a girlfriend once who said she wanted me to get angry with her sometimes and I didn't, probably because I liked her but did not love her. I get angry at my dog sometimes, but I know I love her.

Just try not to be angry all the time. And try to laugh the anger away.

I like these quotes on laughing...

HalleBerry: “Don’t take yourself too seriously. Know when to laugh at yourself, and find a way to laugh at obstacles what inevitably present themselves.”

Milton Berle -- “Laughter is an instant vacation.”