1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Repressing emotions depletes physical strength

Discussion in 'Mindbody Video Library' started by bagofwater, Jan 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. bagofwater

bagofwater Peer Supporter

This series on the brain is stunning. I highly recommend watching all of them. There's lots of mindbody info throughout, but also it's just cool!

This segment stood out to me in terms of demonstrating physical processes being effected by emotional processes. Since TMSers, nearly by definition, systematically, unknowingly repress emotions, it makes me wonder if there could be a physical strength test developed to tell us if we're unknowingly repressing emotions - that will come back at us as pain. The difference in this experiment is that the subjects are told to repress emotions, but I believe the concept applies.

The segment demonstrating how willfully repressing emotions zaps physical strength starts at 42:47:

Part 1. In case you'd care to watch the entire series:

Apachegeorge and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Also available on Amazon Prime Video, and at PBS if you have a PBS Passport account. I want to watch them all - I love this stuff!

3. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

I watched the series when it was televised on the BBC a couple of years ago. I remember the episode on emotions being particularly interesting.