1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Reocurring Staph Abscesses

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by GTfan, May 2, 2017.

1. GTfan

GTfan Well known member

I feel like I'm constantly on here asking about new symptoms here lately, I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing lol.

Well so a couple of months ago, I developed a painful abscess in my groin area right below my belly button.

I went to the doctor and was told that it was a staph infection. I have no idea how I got this, I work out and sweat a lot, but I take up to 2 showers a day usually.

But anyways, I take the 10 days worth of antibiotics, apply heat like the doctor said. The abscess burst in my sleep one night and healed right up after a couple of weeks. I still have some scar tissue, but other than that I'm good.

A couple of days ago, I start feeling some pain on the inside of my left thigh, close to my groin. It looked like zit so I dismissed it. Today it's hurting a little worse, so I popped the area and got some puss out, still thinking it was a zit.

I start to examine it and feel it, and it definitely looks and feels the same as the first staph abscess. This one is still small, but it's painful when I walk.

I'm kinda pissed off about it, and I really don't want to go back to the doctor and get more antibiotics, especially with the Kentucky Derby coming up this weekend and a Switzerland trip next week. I really don't want to deal with it.

I'm going to just keep it covered, apply heat, apply apple cider vinegar on it for antibiotic properties.

I'm pissed/freaking out about this a little so I'm starting to think it's TMS. I mean it's a skin infection, and there isn't really a physical reason that I should be getting these infections.

Anybody else have any experience with something similar?

2. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Hi GTfan,

Sorry your are going through this.

It can be caused by a number of factors, ranging from TMS to your diet to your immune system.

You may try colloidal silver for treating the infection. Take a look at my blogpost on this topic.

http://www.fredamir.com/single-post/2016/08/27/Colloidal-Silver-for-Infections-and-More (Back Pain)

There are also other natural antibiotics like grapefruit extract and olive leaf extract you can try.

Ultimately, you want to discover the underlying reason so that it will not recur.

Take care,

3. GTfan

GTfan Well known member

I actually some colloidal silver in my cabinet that I may give a try

Is there a colloidal silver gel I can use for the abscess?

4. FredAmir

Yes. I explain in the blogpost. Apply it every 1/2 hour. Works great for pimples .

5. GTfan

GTfan Well known member

I picked up the Sovereign Silver gel from Whole Foods on the way back from work. Every 1/2 hour you say? I'll start now

6. FredAmir

It works best and fastest at the first sign of an infection while the bacteria colonies or number of viruses is lowest.

When I get a sty, I put 1-2 drops in my eye every hour and it clears it up in a day or two.

Hot compresses also helps.

7. GTfan

GTfan Well known member

So after 15 hours of the silver gel and hot compress, the boil appears to already be getting better.

Now, the problem is that I woke up this morning with a small bump right under my scrotum. At first I thought maybe the staph was spreading, but upon further inspection I think it may be an ingrown hair.

Maybe I got it from constantly taking bandages off and on and pulling hairs. Who knows. But yea this one is more painful then the abscess.

It may all just be the minds way of constantly keeping me distracted, but in the mean time I'm just going to keep applying the gel to both areas and do the hot compress.

What a pain

8. GTfan

GTfan Well known member

Well the one on my leg is pretty much gone. Now the bump under my scrotum has gotten bigger and the pain has gotten worse.

I did some drinking this weekend for the Derby, so I'm sure my immune system is low. Problem is that I'm in Switzerland for two weeks, and I forgot to pack the Silver gel.

I did pack the liquid Silver, so I'm going to continue to take it orally, and attempt to apply the liquid to the spot.

Any help or suggestions at this point?

9. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

You should quit messing around with these things and see a doctor for them, maybe a dermatologist. If you're still in Switzerland, I'm sure they have some great doctors there and pharmaceuticals. Or if you can deal with the discomfort wait and see a competent doc on your return. Modern medicine is really good at treating structural issues that surface even if they have origins or TMS ramifications.

You mentioned drinking for the Kentucky Derby, do you drink a lot? If you do, I would consider that a bigger problem then these skin issues.

10. FredAmir

Try warm compresses too. See a doctor if not getting better.

11. GTfan

GTfan Well known member

Yep, I definitely need to cut back on the drinking. I'm gonna go at least a couple of weeks booze-free and go from there.

I may not want to admit it, but I think that is a bigger problem here like you said.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  12. GTfan

GTfan Well known member

Well through my recent bouts with TMS, I have to come to realize that not only was my recent groin pain 150 percent TMS, but so was the skin outbreaks.

I stopped applying hot compress, stopped worrrying about taking Colloidal Silver, stopped checking bumps and possible breakout areas for progress, and simply started enjoying myself and thinking about other things.

I figured out that the physical presence of an abscess or zit or bump was not directly correlated to pain or discomfort. When I was freaking out about possible groin problems, I felt no discomfort from skin problems.

So after I calmed down and got my brain back to rational thinking, I was able to deduce that the physical bump had been there the whole time, my brain was just using it as a vice for pain, discomfort, and distraction. Deprivation of oxygen, or some kind of focused nerve pain, I'm not really sure. But bottom line, I have quit worrying and it is not a problem any more

Ellen and Lizzy like this.
  13. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome to the other side of the TMS coin--a transformational moment, your life will be much better for it.

Ellen likes this.