1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Remote Counseling

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by mikegs, Feb 17, 2014.

1. mikegs

mikegs New Member

Hi - I am starting day 9 (with very good success) but am running out of things to journal about. My list is only about 6 items long. I know there is more in me, I just cannot seem to find more stressors, past or current. I'd like to meet with a counselor, psychologist, psychiatrist - but cannot find one in my area that notes they are familiar with the idea of TMS.

This leads me to trying counseling over the phone. As you know there are a few options available to us via phone or Skype. Has anyone tried remote counseling and if so, were there any drawbacks?

2. njoy

njoy aka Bugsy

I have received counseling by phone as well as face to face. I don't know if it works for everyone but it was great for me. I'd say give it a try. No drawbacks except the obvious lack of body language, I think. Skype might even fix that. In a way, I liked the narrower focus, not sure why. Anyway, it worked for me.

mikegs likes this.
  3. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

mikegs - phone counseling works great. It may take a little bit to get used to - but like njoy says -the 'narrower focus' that comes with a telephone connection is really helpful. Give it a try. You've got nothing to lose!

4. Anne Walker

Anne Walker Beloved Grand Eagle

I skyped with a TMS therapist and I thought it was as good as being in the room. No drawbacks. Working with the right therapist for you is the key.