1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

religion, asking for forgiveness, praying and ocd

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by stevow7, Jul 11, 2021.

Tags:
  1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

I have ocd and I have been asking my doctor what to do.

I have a question. does it matter if I go fast, slow or in whatever speed i pray or ask for forgiveness

also does it matter if I miss an s at the end of Dios (God in spanish) or jesus or angels? while asking for forgivess and or praying?

mind wants me to keep repeating.

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

It is my belief that it is our intention that is important in prayer, not the words.

TG957 likes this.
  3. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

I don't think God is too concerned with those types of things....doubt God is concerned with religion either. It sounds like you have a fear of making a mistake. This is just your anxiety talking. Praying should be contemplative, not dogmatic. It's a communication from the heart and soul, just like your body communicates to you in the language of symptoms.

TG957 and Sita like this.
  4. DavyMonc

DavyMonc Newcomer

I attend Sunday service at pentecostal Church and have been doing this for about five years. Our pastor always say that in religion it is not the words and what you write about it that are important, in religion your intentions and openness to God are important