1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Releasing hurt as you float

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Are your feelings easily hurt? Are you able to get over your hurt?
    For the person that gets their feelings hurt easily and doesn't know
    how to snap out of it quickly. It often can become suppressed and create problems
    with your family, your associates, your friends, and last but not least- Yourself.

More people fail to get ahead in life because of their inability to control sensitiveness
    than one would possibly imagine.

Here are some simple steps for getting over hurt feelings

1) When a hurt feeling situation arises get it straightened out as quickly as possible. Don't ponder over it for a minute longer than you can help. Do something about it. Do not allow yourself to sulk or indulge in self pity. Don't mope around with resentful thoughts. The minute your feelings get hurt ,
    do just as you do when you hurt your finger. Immediately apply the cure. Unless you do this the situation can become distorted out of all proportion.

2) Apply grievance drainage to your mind. That is, open your mind and let the grievance flow out. Go to someone you trust and pout it out to them until not a bit of it remains within you. Then forget it.

3) Write a letter telling the person just how you feel about it and tell them how they have hurt you. Don't hold back , write down everything you are thinking. Fold and seal the letter. Then tear the letter up into little pieces and throw it into the trash can. Then as you walk away imagine the hurt and disappointment draining out of you, By the time you walk ten feet or so you should turn around and see the hurt in the waste basket then leave it there.

4) Ask yourself honestly what is it in you that is so sore to the touch of life. Then imagine the hurt flowing out of you from the top of your head down and out your toes till its all gone. This is also done great with meditation as you imagine the hurt flowing out of your mind and body as you float on a cloud.

5) Did they say something that hurt you and you can still hear there voice or see their face- Here you can change their voice to sound like your favorite or worst cartoon as long as it makes you laugh and why your at it change their face too. If you see the persons image then change that image to look like Scooby doo or Daffy duck. I know this sounds very unreal but give it a try, its worked for me many times.

6) Use acceptance and think to yourself about the situation. Is it worth it letting the other person have this power over you. Don't give them that benefit, accept that your going to be happy on purpose
    and they can have all that hurt back. Choose that your not going to hurt any longer.

7) Say to yourself " May the love of life fill my heart" and imagine the feeling of love flooding your
    body from head to toe. Repeat till you feel better.

Nattycakes likes this.
  2. Stock Trader

Stock Trader Peer Supporter

Eric, excellent post that illustrates how to reach for forgiveness.

Everyday I tell myself in the morning and in the evening: "May I be forging and forgiven" and for others "May they be forgiving and forgiven." Practice and practice everyday, you are planting this seed in your subconscious mind for the future.

Not accepting negative feelings or thoughts and letting them go is like carrying a dead body with you, the longer you carry it with you the stronger the smell.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Stock Trader thats exactly right - I love the way you Break it down
    Great, Thanks

4. Nattycakes

Nattycakes Peer Supporter

Also, when someone hurts me. I observe the feeling and my reaction. I try to think psychologically about it.. I like to trace it back as far as I can.. So much of our hurt feelings relate to earlier times. This has helped me let go of current issues figuring out why I am he way that I am.. Also, standing up for myself and being assertive rather than passive or caring what others think anymore helps too :) Great advice guys!