1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 30 relationships

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Ryan79, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Ryan79

Ryan79 Peer Supporter

What are the most important relationships in your life?

My wife and children are the most important people in my life. Its been exhilarating to see my children become excited when they see me come home or stay off work on a Saturday.

My wife and I began a biblical devotional book called Night Light about 2 months ago. Its been great as it opens a conversation line. Before our talks would last a little bit but fizzle out. This book opens us up and keeps us talking for over an hour each night. Mostly it gets me to open up in the conversation.

I did have one co-worker (manager) that worked next door to me from 2006-2014 who decided to stay home to care for her two children. We had a great relationship and felt like I could communicate well with her. I felt we worked well together as a team. The new manager, I worked with briefly in 2006 when I first came out of school, and when I realized she was taking over was discouraging. She ran all the previous staff away, and I felt I lost great relationships. The new manager, staff, and I almost never chat much.

How has this program affected those relationships?

Its made me realize these four people (wife and kids) care about me more than anyone else ever will. Its also made me content with my and position in life.

giantsfan likes this.
  2. giantsfan

giantsfan Well known member

Been reading some of your posts and I gotta say how great they are to read. I see and know a lot of people looking for riches and pleasures in their lives without realizing that they're already rich and they just don't realize it. I hope someday to have a family of my own and I hope to recognize and love them as much as it sounds like you do with them. Hope the best and God bless.

Lavender and Ryan79 like this.
  3. Ryan79

Ryan79 Peer Supporter

My wife is definitely my best friend and she'd say the same about me as well. She trusts the lord to provide and lets worry bother someone else. One day I hope to reach that level of tranquility in my life. I'm sure you'll meet a wonderful spouse and start a lifelong journey together. God bless. :)

Lavender and giantsfan like this.