1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 11 Relating to TMS Recovery Story and Dream Interpretation

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Laudisco, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Laudisco

Laudisco Well known member

I could very much relate to Armchair Linguist's success story, as I too had back/shoulder/neck pain associated with computer use, and I assumed it was due to RSI or an overuse injury. Thankfully learning about TMS has completely cured me of that, and I hardly get any back pain any more. I can easily make it go away using TMS techniques like "pain talk", even though I went through stages where I couldn't sit down for more than 20 minutes before being in severe pain!!

Remembering my success in conquering the terrible back pain gives me motivation to keep seeking complete recovery from my Fibromyalgia (neuropathic pain) and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I know these are just other forms of TMS, although I realise that my recovery may not be instant. I'm starting to realise that TMS has been a gift to me because it's led me on a journey of personal growth, healing and exploration, even though in some ways it's one of the hardest experiences I've ever had to go through!!

Another cool thing that's happened recently is I've had three meaningful dreams, which I've been able to write down and interpret. They have given me wonderful insights into my subconscious mind, which is aiding me in the journey of healing. For instance, in one of the dreams I was expressing anger towards someone, who I was afraid to show anger towards in real life. This helped me to become more aware of subconscious rage and feelings I've been suppressing quite a bit.

SunnyinFL and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Laudisco. I'm so glad you have been relieved of back pain and now am working on the fibro and fatigue, which are also common TMS symptoms.
    And I share your enthusiasm for TMS being a journey of personal growth. It wasn't/isn't easy to look inside our minds to learn what causes us pain,
    but it sure is worth it.

Dreams sure can help us deal with our subconscious anger. Many of mine have to do with frustration. I have financial frustrations and I seem to dream about situations where I don't have enough time to do something.

Laudisco likes this.