1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

relapse...ugh. :(

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by sarah430, May 14, 2014.

1. sarah430

sarah430 Peer Supporter

I'm too upset to even go into details at the moment, but I'm 2 weeks into a major relapse. Just need to re-connect and get to work on TMS healing. Why is this so hard sometimes?

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Sarah. It looks like you've been telling your unconscious mind that you know the
    pain it's giving you is to keep you from working on your repressed emotions and/or your
    personality (perhaps perfectionist and "goodism"). You may be getting closer to convincing your mind
    and it's not letting up on the pain. Keep convincing yourself and your unconscious mind and you
    will win the battle.

If you have Steve Ozanich's book, The Great Pain Deception, or Dr. Sarno's Healing Back Pain,
    read them again.

And look at the success story subforum on TMSWiki.org to get renewed faith that you will heal.

We're with you all the way.

3. sarah430

sarah430 Peer Supporter

Thank you!! Just reaching out and seeing your response is more help to me than you know. Gotta keep heading in the right direction. Agreed....think it's time for another read of Steve Ozanich's book...

4. PaulBlack

PaulBlack Peer Supporter

I have found that no one in my life has been harder or more abusive on me, than me.
    Remember, it might be okay to not have a perfect day, or it might be okay to backslide some. I try to recognize, if I am beating myself up too much, to just love me for who and what I am.
    We are human, we falter all of us. We are perfect that way.
    Like saints, we stumble a lot but rarely fall.

5. sarah430

sarah430 Peer Supporter

So true Paul. Thank you! I know lately I have been piling up the expectations on myself. Need to examine that more and give myself a break.

6. happygal

happygal New Member

Just wanted to be empathetic - after 2 years of being pain-free, I am climbing my way out of a lousy TMS relapse that started a few months ago and which was super-sneaky by introducing new symptoms I never had before. But like Paul said, we all falter and I have realized that much of my life is about starting over after I fall down, even if it is again and again and again...

7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

We all fall off the bike of life but we keep getting back on it.
    Perseverance is the thing.
    I have a slogan on the wall over my computer that I live by.
    The tennis star Arthur Asche said:
    "Never give up, no matter what the score is."

I had another disappointment today but refuse to think it's an end.
    It is just another step along the way to good things.

8. sarah430

sarah430 Peer Supporter

Wise words all....thank you!