1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Reign it in.

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by JeRm, Apr 13, 2016.

1. JeRm

JeRm Newcomer

This is my 4th back attack I've suffered. Possibly the worst. The 2nd one had me cocked over or crawling for 6 months. But I really didn't have much to lose. This one though, I've got to reign it in. I've got a lot to lose. I've been out of work for a little over a month now. I was tired of all the horror stories. So I specifically Googled "back pain success stories." and enter Dr. Sarno. My back pain was gone the next morning. It made so much sense ( I only watched the 20/20 segment.) But here I am, unable to activate my calf at all or sit upright without a severe, and literal, pain in my ass! I've got to reign it in. I can't get that f@$*ing MRI image out of my head. The one showing the big ass bulge. I know that's not it. But, alas, I'm a drooling Pavlov dog. Day one in the bag. "What would your life be like without TMS?" Back on track where it was a month ago.

2. Sean

Sean New Member

Hi,
    Hang in there...I'm only a week ahead week ahead of u...finding the same...initially noticed a positive change and then some variability by day...when it's a good day it's very good...setback days frustrating:mad:...Walt says says that's that's subconscious realizing u get the emotion piece

3. JeRm

JeRm Newcomer

Thanks. Set backs are indeed frustrating. But, I know what it is. I just have to convince the child in the basement to knock it off.

4. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Welcome JeRm! I'm so glad that you discovered Sarno, and that led you here.
    Back in the '80s I read Sarno's book Healing Back Pain and experienced dramatic recovery from back pain so severe that I hadn't been able to sit for several years. Two decades later, horrible foot pain sidelined me. It took me 2years to figure out this was TMS, but after that--pain gone. For the second round I had the help of the SEP, which gave me my life back.
    Wishing you continued success.

5. JeRm

JeRm Newcomer

Thank you for the encouragement!