1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Reduction In Pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Click#7, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Click#7

Click#7 Well known member

For all of the folks out there that have gotten better....did you notice a slow reduction in pain or was your pain less one day and then all over the place ? Just a curious question....

Ines likes this.
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I went through a little bit of everything. Sometimes it would suddenly all be gone, sometimes when it came back it would reduce gradually, sometimes it moved around, and sometimes it flared up bigger than ever. The mindbody connection is an erratic and ephemeral energy. There is no way to predict how it will behave and it is different for everyone. I've been reading posts on this Forum for years, and never cease to be amazed at all the different ways TMS manifests itself, as well as the course it takes. We just have to let go of certainty about outcomes and hold on for the ride. That is part of the recovery process--going with the flow, and believing you are fine no matter what happens. It gets easier with time. But I still get surprised by TMS sometimes.

JanAtheCPA, Ines and plum like this.
  3. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Pretty much as Ellen says, and definitely all over the place interspersed with every ridiculous manifestation of the symptom imperative. TMS is dazzlingly creative. It's quite amazing actually and makes one realise how fascinating inner space is.

JanAtheCPA, Ellen and Ines like this.
  4. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

Same as above, I definitely had some days that were better and then worse with symptom imperative as I was recovering! It's not a linear process at all, don't expect it to be. Relaxing and knowing the moving pain was TMS helped me to get better though!

Click#7 likes this.