1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Red face

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by rickm, May 31, 2021.

Tags:
  1. rickm

rickm New Member

Recently I've been noticing that I get red in my face pretty quickly (especially from the neck to the cheeks, starting on just above the chest). Oh I see on that in proper english it is called flushing) Previously this sometimes happened when drinking several beers, but now I am often noticing it already after only one beer. Also recently I had the present a few times and I went all red. Furthermore, when I am feeling hot, I turn a lot faster red than before. For example in the gym. I know it probably has something to do with the mindbody to some extent, because it gets worse in those stressful presentation moments, but it does worry me a bit. That I am maybe allergic for someting or something like that. Is there anyone with experience with this or tips for my situation?

Last edited: May 31, 2021
  2. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

It's totally normal, just wash your face with cold water.

rickm likes this.
  3. Indiana

Indiana New Member

This is not done with washing your face.
    I have myself been bothered by hot red face for many years. It appears when drinking wine, being exposed to heat and cold. Sometimes it comes from nowhere. I think it has a great deal to do with stress but i was also diagnosed with roscea.
    Basically i think i have to accept it and work on my TMS. I dont know what else to do.
    Sorry for not being more constructive. All the best!

rickm likes this.
  4. DWA

DWA Peer Supporter

If it makes you feel any better, I get this too, same as you, from alcohol, every time and even small amounts. Also seems to happen randomly and I feel associated with stress/TMS (when not drinking). I use a damp, cool washcloth to cool down my face. I really don't think it's anything to worry about...

rickm likes this.
  5. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

My skin goes hot and red just on my face; there seems to be a connection with it happening when I'm stressed and when I'm concentrating hard on stuff and it always happens when I've been in strong sunlight. The area that it affects is across my nose and facial cheeks (one cheek more than the other) and it looks very much like lupus 'malar' flushing, which can appear in lupus due to photosensitivity. I was checked out for lupus, but didn't have the markers in my blood for it. I've given up looking for a medical/physical reason for my flushing. I protect my face from the sun, and sometimes use a cool pack on the flushing which helps a lot. (For a long time I gave up on the cool packs because I didn't want to tell my brain that I believed there was some medical explanation for the flushing, but doing that made no difference to its occurrence.) If it's TMS, my brain hasn't given up on giving me it, despite me never worrying about it all. I still believe my flushing is TMS though.

rickm likes this.
  6. Indiana

Indiana New Member

I think this happens to people with a certain type of skin. When i was a teenager i was blushing constantly of embarrassement and knowing i was very red made the whole thing worse. I used to envy people who had normal face colour even when sweating. As an adult i am not blushing anymore but like BloodMoon i get red and hot when stressed
    And when sweating. One cheek is worse than the other. I have also given up on medical/physical reason. Since my redness really flared up after menopause it might also have to do with hormones. It is extremely annoying (even though my husband says i look healthy....). Lately i had a tiny bit of skin cancer removed on the most sensitive cheek. Now it is even more red than usual and it feels as if i have a fever. I am afraid it is going to stay that way. The only thing left is treating it as TMS.

7. rickm

rickm New Member

I just did some journaling and became really angry and what do you know my face turns red. Amazing, how the mind works.

8. Mars497@

Mars497@ Peer Supporter

I get this too and I assume it’s rosacea and it’s far worse when I am stressed. I know there is a direct correlation to my stress levels so I have deemed it TMS. I believe it’s mentioned in Steve Ozanich’s GPD quite clearly if you want to read more about it.