1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Recovering from CFS

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Loobie, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Loobie

Loobie Newcomer

Hi
    On 10 May 2016, I had the onset of labyrinthitis - with the scary sensation of the ground dropping away from beneath me. (I'd just come out of a shoulder stand in yoga.)
    And since then have had fatigue and not been able to earn an income. It's only recently that a Dr mentioned Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - I'd previously seen a friend bed-ridden with it, and as I haven't been that bad it hadn't crossed my mind! Been looking at thyroid / hormonal stuff (I'm peri-menopausal too). I've rested, rested and had lots of healing and taken supplements.
    I have had years of counselling - so had overlooked the emotional element of dealing with this. And can see the rage that is just below the surface. It makes sense.
    And on the Week 0 page, the section on putting pressure on myself 'you're not making enough money' etc. really resonated. In fact I had a bit of an energy relapse when I structured in some work time this week (I'm setting up a coaching business - or trying to when energy allows!) - very likely because these voices were kicking off.
    I've had my relationship end too - partly because of them finding it difficult that I wasn't working and getting fed-up with financially supporting me. Partly the relationship contributed to my fatigue - by reactivating old childhood abandonment wounds fairly regularly (only seen in hindsight).
    A lot of my personality traits and other physical aches and pains tie in with what I'd read in Dr Sarno's book 'The Mindbody Prescription'.
    Here's to this working!!
    xxxx

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

By doing the SEProg you put your healing first - then fit in work, family and any other commitnents, but - the programme and your healing must come first... I too had years of counselling etc, but it was only by doing the tms work that i really started to understand myself... good luck!

3. Loobie

Loobie Newcomer

Thank you for your support . . . I really appreciate it.
    Yesterday I had a gorgeous long(ish) walk - longer than I've managed in a very long time, so already a wonderful positive result on Day 1. It felt great to do - and watched and challenged my mind as my aches / pains / fatigue jumped all over the place. I even had a good talk out loud to my mind about it.
    A lot emotionally coming up this morning. And pissed off that so much has not been dealt with during my counselling!
    I'm both reassured, and sorry, that you had years of counselling before really starting to understand yourself.
    Thanks again
    xxx

Durga likes this.
  4. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

I used to talk aloud to my tms too!!
    I think although it is annoying that therapy etc has not solved all the problems - ultimately it is empowering to actually 'heal' ourselves - we are quick to hand power away to others and expect to 'get' healed. When we do it ourselves it is much more valuable - and teaches us far more!!
    I'm so glad you are finding your 'way'!!

Ellen likes this.