1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 27 Reconnecting with the mystery

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Janine28, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Janine28

Janine28 Peer Supporter

Friends,
    I arose this morning at 4:30am and did something that I haven't done in over 2 and 1/2 years. I took a moonlit walk in the woods! It was beautiful and magical. Two eyes and perked ears awaited me in the darkness. A female elk! Another ran over to her and then both retreated deeper into the forest. I quietly followed and suddenly saw a burst of movement as the entire family ran out of sight. Gratitude welled up in my heart for this intimate encounter and for the steady healing of my knees and heart!

I walked and stood a lot throughout the day. I could feel the nagging sense of weakness and numbness in my knees, and yet, in staying with the wonders of this day, I kept moving forward.

Something I'm noticing about pain and pain cycles, is that aside from keeping me from acknowledging and investigating my emotions, they dominate my experiences so fully, that I often loose sight of that which most enlivens me. Perhaps I'll lose myself in the pain again... but today my soul danced.

Janine

Jacqui9 likes this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Janine,

Wonderful to hear of your experience with wild beautiful mysterious life!! I think it is very important to feel the goodness as you go along, even if there is some pain or symptoms, because as you say, there is so much more to our experience than the domination by certain thought patterns. They seem important, because they're activated by survival scripts and well-worn nerve pathways. It takes a certain courage to step outside these old paths, and taste some freshness.

One thing I have been asking myself everyday lately is "What makes you happy?" This simple question, when allowed without an idea already to fill in the space, has brought me many feelings of surprise and aliveness. One time the answer was "stick out your tongue." Another time was "make funny noises." We are a bundle of aliveness and mystery, and we can taste and celebrate this!! I'm glad you're finding ways to be so alive.

Andy B

Janine28 likes this.
  3. Janine28

Janine28 Peer Supporter

Thank you Andy! I love this question that you are asking yourself. I've been doing a gratitude practice in the mornings for a few years now, but this brings joy in the present moment to whole new dimensions!
    Janine

4. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Janine,
    I loved your statement that "today my soul danced!"
    I challenge myself to seek joy in everyday life. I'm also a firm believer in A. Lincoln's statement that "most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    Congratulations on reveling in the wonder.

Janine28 likes this.