1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Recognizing true belief from trying to believe

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by dharn999, Mar 14, 2017.

1. dharn999

dharn999 Well known member

hello everyone, I haven't been on here all that much since this past summer. I've been dealing with what I know is a relapse of pain due to TMS. Life hasn't slowed down any for me and neither has the pain really. It is by far less than what it was 6-7 months ago, but nothing like it was a year ago. I figured out TMS a few years back after struggling with pain for over a year. This time it hasn't been so easy and after trying all the techniques I've read about and seen here I've come to the conclusion that I'm still dealing with pain because I truly do not believe like I did the first time

Sarno says himself that believing is the biggest step and the most important. I refused to let my pain stop me from anything physical but yet the pain continued, then it just hit me that nothing I'm doing gives me any mental or emotional relief.

What I mean by this is that the first time I got over my TMS a workout that I avoided before TMS discovery gave me emotional relief because I knew I could do these things again without any fear, I was happy to run and workout even if it hurt because I truly knew that the pain was now temporary.. this time around everything I do physically is mentally monitored by myself for pain and reactions.. I get zero mental relief and gratification from my workouts.

So this has made me realize that I'm still holding onto the pain because I am not really believing.. if I truly believed I would look forward to the things i love like running and working out because there isn't anything wrong with me. But instead I just go through the motions, and am waiting for the relief. I'm definitely faking a lot of this, and while it has helped a lot, I definitely am seeing how I still have work to do in believing and giving myself that mental relief that everything is (and has been) fine because there isn't anything physically wrong with me

Anyone have any advice on how to get myself to believe again?

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle