1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 Recognizing emotions

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Satori, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Satori

Satori New Member

I believe I have gotten to some emotions that I never realized before and I actually think some of my pain this week was fear of not being pain free! This feels like my last hope and this CANNOT fail. I MUST beat this. But in accordance with my extremely forceful personality, I am missing the point by pushing progress. I have a lot to mentally unpack and although some people cure immediately, I have to except the slower unrolling of mine. Easier said than done. My son is proud of me and can see a difference and for that I am proud. So slow and steady for me.

Cactusflower likes this.
  2. JTaylor

JTaylor New Member

Well done on your progress so far. I also feel like I’m not seeing much difference in my pain levels, but I’m trying not to focus on it. It’s hard to work through all these repressed emotions. I feel like I have been repressing my emotions for so a long time now and have had various TMS symptoms on and off for 15 years. It’s really hard to let go of these emotions. After journaling I realised that some past events are still too painful for me to write about or even think about right now. I think I will get there in time. I wish you the best of luck in your recovery!