1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 8 Recognizing emotions

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Mquest, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Mquest

Mquest Peer Supporter

Question To Ponder
    Are you having success at recognizing the emotions connected to your pain? If you have, how do these emotions make you feel? If not, what do you think is preventing you from doing this?

I feel that I have some understanding of what emotions are causing my pain. My feelings of anxiety and fear of not meeting up to my own expectations and others plays a strong role. I also never find happiness in my achievements. These emotions make me feel sad because I put so much pressure on myself to be perfect and create the perfect life. I put so much effort into things only to be unfulfilled. I also experience strong feeling of inferiority in my relationships at work and personal life. The feeling of not being good enough in many aspects of my life has really taken its toll on my body.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Mquest. You can get a good boost in self-esteem from the Youtube videos of
    Louise Hay, such as this guided meditation: 40 minutes Everyday to Change Your Life Forever.

3. Mquest

Mquest Peer Supporter

Thanks for the meditation. I will try it. I've been trying to meditate everyday for a short time. Sometimes it's hard to get my self in the mindset to do it everyday.