1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 recognizing emotions connected to pain

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by JoeB1, Jul 28, 2015.

1. JoeB1

JoeB1 Peer Supporter

Are you having success at recognizing the emotions connected to your pain? If you have, how do these emotions make you feel? If not, what do you think is preventing you from doing this?

Sometimes, yes. Any new stresses come along and I feel a short, slight pain spike.. it's in the hip or sciatic nerve at the moment, but it used to be back pain. I feel like I've acknowledged all my childhood and past stresses. I'm guessing now that my main stress/anger/fear/worry is all about my current limited life and my pain.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Joe. Your life may be limited by pain, but I am 85 and know part of my anxiety and stress is knowing I am singing
    "The September Song" as the clock ticks. But I think I am starting to accept it. For one thing, I think, Thank God,
    no more bills in the mail!

Every one I know is living with anxiety and stress. It has become the new norm for everyone. Even Donald Trump the
    billionaire stresses that maybe he won't become President. As if anyone in their right mind would want the job.
    Ego pushes a lot of people where they shouldn't go.

Try not to think you are in a limited life. Be grateful for the life you have and remember that a lot of people have it worse.

The emotions I deal with the most are anxiety and worry, and outside of mortality they come from financial worries.
    But just about everyone has those.

So think positive and happy. Practice deep breathing and laugh as much and as often as you can.

JoeB1 likes this.
  3. JoeB1

JoeB1 Peer Supporter

Words I needed to hear! Thanks once again Walt!