1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 Recognizing emotions connected to pain

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by maggiehl, Jul 20, 2017.

1. maggiehl

maggiehl New Member

I don't recognize specific emotions that bring pain and I don't know what prevents me from doing this.
    I do recognize that the reason I always wake up in pain--often the worst of the day--is because I've been sleeping, I sleep tense--and am closest to my unconscious when I sleep.
    Also, the most consistent pain is when I'm alone which I think is when I'm most likely to be pressuring myself about something, e.g., I'm not doing this program well enough, it works for others who aren't as entrenched in their emotions as I am, I should be doing more, etc., etc. This probably creates a cycle of pain-pressure-pain-pressure . . . .
    I have the least pain in the evening when I'm sitting in bed watching TV with my husband--no, or very little pressure then.
    Sometimes I have some 'extra' (more than my usual leg and foot pain) abdominal pain which came when I started the program, also when I feel really definite about having TMS--and I think that's my "system fighting back"--my unconscious trying to resist this good thing I'm doing.
    I'm interested in others' experience or ideas about what prevents them from recognizing emotions connected to their pain--because I don't know what prevents me!

happyMcWow likes this.
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle