1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 Recognizing emo...

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by npoise, Jun 27, 2017.

1. npoise

npoise New Member

Q: Are you having success at recognizing the emotions connected to your pain? If you have, how do these emotions make you feel? If not, what do you think is preventing you from doing this?

Managed to list down some emotions that likely contributed to my pain but I am not sure is the list exhaustive (or my over-analyzing brain is thinking too much). Some of my past especially childhood seems mild to the "adult me" now, but after journaling and looking backw, these emotions did impact me greatly especially in shaping my personalities; people-pleaser/goodist, perfectionist , uncomfortable to display my emotions freely.

Today, I wrote a letter to myself to forgive the past and start afresh to live for myself; be happy, thinking positive, ....

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, npoise. I believe you will benefit greatly from that letter you wrote to yourself. I hope you kept a copy so you can read it every day. If not, write another one. Maybe even create a mantra about it. The more you forgive the past and anyone associated with feelings of anger, the faster and better you will heel. Try to modify those traits of perfectionism and goodism.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

haha. I wrote HEEL but meant HEAL.

4. npoise

npoise New Member

It's ok, I got you :) Thanks.